Why work with an Accredited Investment Fiduciary™?
A fiduciary is any investment professional who is required by law and practice to act solely in the interests of and with undivided loyalty to their clients. A fiduciary’s advice and recommendations must align with your specific objectives, timeframe, and risk tolerance. When managing your assets, a fiduciary must strive for an optimal balance of risk and return. That person must exercise care, skill, diligence, and objectivity in evaluating, recommending, and reviewing investment options.
Those who have earned the AIF® Designation are formally recognized for demonstrating a full understanding of how to implement those processes to help individuals and families achieve their investment goals in a responsible and accountable manner. AIF® Designees are committed to using the knowledge and resources they have gained through their training to:
- Employ uniform, industry-recognized processes for developing a personalized investment strategy based solely on your specific investment needs
- Apply objective, comprehensive standards for evaluating and recommending investment options for your portfolio
- Monitor and report performance of your portfolio and its underlying investments on an ongoing basis, and recommending changes when necessary
- Conduct ongoing reviews of his or her business practices to ensure fiduciary principles are being properly applied
- Designees are also trained to evaluate the fiduciary practices of investment stewards such as 401(k) and defined benefit plan sponsors and those responsible for managing endowment and foundation assets.
To maintain the Designation, AIF® Designees must complete continuing education training to keep up to date with changes in the industry and the ongoing evolution of legal requirements under the fiduciary standard. They also must recognize and formally affirm the principles and obligations stated in the Designee Code of Ethics, which governs their professional and ethical conduct.
For more information visit www.fi360.com.